Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your St. Louis smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete control of your St. Louis home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in St. Louis help you?
Wirelessly connecting to components via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you may even speak to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also gives you complete remote operation through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review current or saved video streams from your integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in St. Louis by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present in your house and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window or door will urge you to act. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by using the steps above. You will then confirm you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in St. Louis
Even though many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and enter the details to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new St. Louis smart home. Dial (314) 866-4556 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.